Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Introduction

Hello, my name is Brittany Morgan and I'm from Preston County, West Virginia.  I am currently a student at Fairmont State University, and this is my blog for my EDUC 2201 Instrustional Technology Class.  I am a Secondary Education Major and my focus is in Social Studies and History.  I love everything about history, though my favorite time would have to be Tudor England.  I have a slight obsession with King Henry VIII.  When I graduate, I hope to teach either middle school or high school.  I haven't really figured out which I would prefer yet, but I think as long as I'm teaching history the grade level won't matter.  I believe that children learn in many different ways.  I think the best way to learn, though, is to be involved.  When one is actively engaged and doing something hands on, he or she is more likely to learn.  I also think that teaching others is a helpful way to learn, and so students in my classroom may be engaged in activites like group projects and presentations where they can learn with others and have a chance to share what they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment